Breast Cancer Awareness
Clarinda Regional Health Center offers a Lymphedema and Breast Cancer Rehabilitation program intended to assist the patient from diagnosis to recovery. The rehabilitation program covers the following areas:
- Pre-Surgical Assessment
- Post-Surgical Skilled Therapy
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Lymphedema Education
- Lymphedema Massage
- Lymphedema Bandaging
- Lymphedema Vasodilation Pump
- Exercise Program
- Recommended stretches to increase active range of motion
- Scar massage and management
- Wound Management (Provided by CRHC's Wound Clinic)
Sue Smith, OTR/L, CLT, received her Occupational Therapy degree from Creighton University. Sue is certified in Lymphedema Therapy and has additional training in rehabilitation of the upper extremity, myofascial release, ergonomics, and Graston technique.
For more information or to schedule an appointment contact CRHC's Rehabilitation Department at (712) 542-8224.